MARBEL project kicks-off!
The MARBEL project has kicked-off with the objective to design, manufacture and validate an innovative and competitive lightweight battery with increased energy density and shorter recharging times with the objective to accelerate the mass market take-up of electric vehicles.
The project innovation is based on the following main pillars:
- Advanced battery packaging using a Design for Assembly (DfA) and Disassembly (DfD) methodology.
- Lightweight and sustainable Battery Packaging.
- Solutions and processes for the sustainable dismantling and 2nd life
- Flexible advanced battery management systems.
- Ultra-Fast Charging strategies and enhanced thermal management
- Procedures for characterisation and validation of future performance and safety
The consortium of the MARBEL project is formed by 16 partners from Spain, Italy, France, Denmark, Turkey, Germany, Norway and Greece.